What is mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a non-invasive treatment where multiple micro-injections containing a cocktail of minerals, vitamins and proteins are injected into the skin. This combination of ingredients rejuvenates the skin whilst tightening it, helping maintain your skin’s natural beauty.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits of mesotherapy treatment, as it works to target many of your common skin problems. It can:
- Remove localised fat, like double chin and belly fat
- Regenerate skin texture, tone and quality
- Tighten loose skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduce acne and scar marks
- Even out skin pigmentation and remove age spots
- Promote hair growth (in cases of alopecia)
How does it work?
Mesotherapy is delivered with a series of very fine micro-needles. It contains a series of natural ingredients, including; hyaluronic acid, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, collagen booster and lipolytic & anti-cellulite formula. All these ingredients have various roles and actions in the skin, which accounts for this treatment’s wide variety of benefits. It goes deeper into the skin to really target those tricky and advanced skin ageing signs.
What are the side effects?
There are a few side effects which you should know about. These include:
- Small risk of temporary bruising, redness and swelling
- Irritation and bumps under the skin, which is normal and will disperse
What can I expect at my appointment?
As usual, Dr Fidal will conduct an assessment to discuss what you’d like to get out of the treatment and ensure that mesotherapy is the right thing for you. A local anaesthetic is applied to the skin to numb the area, making the procedure more comfortable for you. The treatment lasts between 20-45 minutes, depending on how large the treatment area is.
How much does it cost?
Generally, we recommend 4-6 treatments to achieve the optimal effect. A treatment plan can be discussed and created, specific to your needs. One session costs £200, and six sessions cost £1,000.