At AF Cosmetic Clinics in Brighton and Hove, Burgess Hill and London, we have a range of menopause treatments available. If you’re interested in booking this treatment, click here.
Periods usually start to become less frequent over a few months or years before they stop altogether. Sometimes they can stop suddenly.
The menopause is when a woman stops having periods and is no longer able to get pregnant naturally. The average age in the UK, for the menopause to start is around 51 years.
Symptoms of The Menopause
The menopause is a natural event and you may have no problems. However it is common for women to develop symptoms. It is estimated 80 % of women will develop symptoms at some point. About 25% will have very severe symptoms. More than 50% of women have symptoms for more than 7 years. The symptoms are as follows:
- Hot flushes occur in 75% of women
- Night sweating can disturb your sleep if sever
- Depression and Anxiety
- Disturbed sleep
- Loss of sex interest
- Poor concentration
- Vaginal dryness
- Feels irritable
- Joints pain and aches
The symptoms may vary for every woman.
Menopause Treatments In Brighton & Hove
We can offer treatments and suggest lifestyle changes if you have menopausal symptoms that interfere with your day-to-day life.
These are as follows:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is very effective at helping to relieve many of the menopausal symptoms . It replaces the hormone oestrogen which your ovaries stopped producing. It has benefits and risks. It’s important to assess the risks and benefits of taking HRT, and have full consultation with Dr Fidal.
HRT comes in different forms like tablets, skin patches, gels to apply to the skin, tablets to insert into the vagina, nasal spray, cream to insert into the vagina and vaginal ring.
- Vaginal lubricants and moisturisers, and oestrogen creams can help with vaginal dryness.
Some women use complementary therapies marketed for menopausal symptoms, such as red clover, black cohosh, evening primrose oil, soy and dong quai. Speak to your GP or Dr Fidal before trying these in case they’re not suitable for you, as they may interact with your prescribed medicines.
Hormone Tests in Brighton & Hove
At AF Cosmetic Clinic, we can test your hormones to give an idea what stage you are at within the menopause and to measure other hormones.
Lifestyle Changes That Can Help The Menopause Symptoms
There are a number of lifestyle changes that can help you with your symptoms. If you decide to visit the AF Cosmetic Clinic, our expert clinician will be able to assess your symptoms and lifestyle to give you specific, tailored advice to help you.
By changing the following you can help your symptoms:
- Regular exercise and healthy balanced diet
- Stop smoking.
- Reducing your caffeine intake.
- Reducing your alcohol consumption.
- Good quality and regular bedtime sleep
- Relaxation exercises
Get In Touch Today If You’re Interested In Our Menopause Treatments!
If you’re struggling with the menopause, consider getting in touch with the AF Cosmetic Clinic. Offering a FREE initial consultation, enquire today!
See the price page for the cost of this treatment.