With brand-new, innovative technology, the Jett Plasma Pen is a non-surgical alternative for many skin-tightening and skin-lifting procedures.
How does it work?
The Jett Plasma Pen uses plasma to target the skin. The plasma is highly charged, which makes it ionised. This plasma will discretely zap the skin to vaporise the excess and unwanted skin. This process will also generate some heat, which will boost collagen production and tighten the skin.
This new device uses direct current (DC), rather than alternating current (AC). This allows the pen to be much more versatile, targeting larger areas and going deeper, whilst maintaining high precision and accuracy. Using a DC current rather than AC does not damage the skin as much and shortens the downtime.
This procedure can be done in under an hour and doesn’t require a general anaesthetic. As the Jett Plasma Pen is a low-temperature device, it can be safely used on the face and body.
- Non-surgical eyelid lifting (blepharoplasty)
- Removal of skin tags, fibromas and warts
- Removal of creases or wrinkles around the mouth (smokers lines) and eyes (crows feet)
- Improving acne scarring
- Reducing stretch marks and loose skin
- Reducing pigment spots
- Skin lifting and tightening on the face
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Non-surgical eyelifts and skin rejuvenation treatments normally take 1-2 sessions to achieve the desired outcome
- Mole, wart and skin tag removal takes 1 session
To begin, a local anaesthetic is given. This can either be via injection or by a numbing cream, depending on what treatment is being done. For example, removing a mole would require an injection, whereas a non-surgical eyelift would need numbing cream.
Our highly trained, Dr Fidal will begin to apply the pen to the target area. There may be a sensation of heat felt. The sensation felt depends on the pain threshold for each individual patient, it could be mildly discomforting. However, this sensation will not last long and will subside quickly once the procedure is complete.
There are some side effects to these treatments, which vary in severity. This includes:
- Inflammation and flushing of the treated area – can last for two up to three days
- Can last longer around the eye – up to 10 days and may have swelling at the end
- Sleeping with extra pillows for elevating the head can help
- Crusting or small dot-like scabs on the skin – last for 7 – 10 days
- Don’t pick or scratch at the area
- Mole: scab equivalent size of crust, will drop within 1-2 weeks
- No makeup for at least 24hrs after treatment
This device is not suitable for those who:
- Have a pacemaker
- Are pregnant
- Have epilepsy
- Have any metal implants
- Have cancer
- Have an acute inflammatory condition
- Have excessive amounts of skin to remove. Our other treatments may be better suited
See the price page for the cost of this treatment.