Do you ever feeling tired and down all the time? Do you suffer from unexplained aches and pains and poor memory? Do you feel like you’re constantly falling victim to colds and other infections? If you answered yes, then you may have a vitamin B12 deficiency.
Vitamin B12 is a very common deficiency which can be treated with B12 supplementation. A Vitamin B12 injection is a quick and effective method of treatment. It can help your physical and mental wellbeing, memory and brain fog, physical stamina and energy levels and fertility.
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12, or Cobalamin, is a group of cobalt-containing water-soluble vitamins. They are necessary for red blood cell production, keeping the nervous system healthy and releasing energy from food. Vitamin B12 is naturally found in meat, fish or dairy foods. It is stored in the liver and is available in both natural and synthetic form. Hydroxycobalamin, a pure form of B12, is commonly administered through intravenous or intramuscular injection.
What are the symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
Vitamin B12 deficiency has many symptoms, including:
- Extreme tiredness (fatigue)
- Lack of energy (lethargy)
- Breathlessness & feeling faint
- Psychological problems:
- Changes in the way you think
- Decline in mental abilities, such as memory, understanding and judgment
- Poor vision or blindness
- Pale yellow tinge to the skin
- Sore mouth or beefy red tongue
- Bowel problems
- Nervous system disease
Causes of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Vitamin B12 can be caused by a list of things, including:
- Diet – common amongst strict vegans (lack of meat, dairy and fish foods)
- People taking oral contraceptive pills
- Malabsorption caused by autoimmune disease, familial disease, long term use of some medications and coeliac disease
- Excessive alcohol consumption
How is the treatment carried out?
At AF Cosmetic Clinic, you will have a full medical assessment and, if appropriate, a blood test may be taken. Then, Dr Fidal will assess your health and provide you with the most effective treatment plan, specific to your needs and condition. Once your Vitamin B12 body store has been restored, it can last for a few months.
To find out more, please do get in touch with us via our contact page or give our team a ring on 01273569168. Additionally, you can message us via our Facebook page, where we will be more than happy to answer any questions and help you further.
For prices, please check our price list page.